The company you have to write about is Verizon Communications Inc.
3- Collect and evaluate the data about bond performance of the company.
The information on bonds can be found on the website http://finra-markets.morningstar.com/BondCenter/Default.jsp. To find the information on bonds, click on Search in the middle of the screen (under Market Center Bond Guide), under Quick Search type the Issuer Name and the Symbol, and click SHOW RESULTS.
Another useful website on bond information is https://markets.businessinsider.com/bonds. To find the information on bonds, scroll down the page, type the name of the company in the window under Bond Finder, and click SEARCH.
Copy the quotations of two bonds issued by THE COMPANY that contain the Price. Present these quotations in your project.
1. Assume that par value of the bond is $1,000. What were the last prices of the bonds in $$$ (listed in the Price column)? Show your work in your project.
2. Assume that par value of the bond is $1,000. Calculate the annual coupon interest payments. Show your work in your project.
3. Assume that par value of the bond is $1,000. Calculate the current yield of the bonds. Show your work in your project.
4. Write an analysis of the bonds. In your analysis you should answer the following questions. Please explain your answer to each question.
a) How much is the YTM listed in quotations is for the bonds? Explain the meaning of YTM.
b) If you are going to buy a bond issued by THE COMPANY, which bond would you choose? Why?
c) Are these bonds callable? If the bonds that you chose are callable (non-callable), will it change your decision to buy them?
d) If you are an investor who is looking for a bond to invest in, are you going to buy a bond that you chose? Take a look at the balance sheet and income statement of the company. What data or ratios support your decision to buy this bond or not?
-4- Collect and evaluate the data about stock performance of Verizon Communication Inc. for the last one year.
1) Find the market ratios for the company for the last 1-3 years and its major competitor for the last year in the Internet.
• Price/Earnings ratio
• Market/Book ratio (also called (Price/Book ratio)
• Earnings per share
• Dividends per share
• Other market ratios on your choice
These ratios are available on www.morningstar.com > Company’s page – under Valuation, Financials, and under Dividends
You can find these ratios in the Internet or calculate them. If you use published ratios you must indicate that and cite their source.
a. Present the market ratios as the table(s) in your project.
b. Write an analysis of the market ratio results that you found. Compare the market ratio results against the industry or main competitor. In your report please answer the question: Are the common stockholders receiving an adequate return on their investment?
c. Compare the P/E ratio of your company with the industry average or 5-year average. Is the stock overvalued, undervalued, or properly valued? Why? In accordance with your findings, is it reasonable to buy the stock? Please explain your answers.
-2) Analysis of the historical stock prices trend for the last year. (10% of the project grade)
a. Collect and evaluate the data about stock prices of the assigned company for the last one year for the company and its major competitor.
b. Create the chart(s) using the stock price chart tools on the websites or Excel. Present the chart(s) in your project.
c. Write about 0.5 page of analysis the historic stock prices trend for the last year.
3) Apply the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) Security Market Line to estimate the required return on THE COMPANY stock. Note that you will need the risk-free rate and the market return. Show this information in your project. (15% of the project grade)
1. Apply the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) Security Market Line to estimate the required return on stock. Note that you will need the risk-free rate, beta, and the market return.
a) To get the current yield on 10-year Treasury securities go to www.finance.yahoo.com -click on Markets – U.S. Treasury Bonds Rates. You will use the current yield on 10-year Treasury securities as the risk-free rate to estimate the required rate of return on stocks. Discuss how appropriate this rate is as a measure of risk.
b) The market risk premium adjusted for COVID-19 is estimated as 5.35%. What does it mean “market risk premium”?
c) Beta is listed in www.finance.yahoo.com and in www.morningstar.com on the company’s front page. What is the beta listed for the company? What does it mean?
d) Calculate the required return on the stock using the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) Security Market Line. Please show your work.
2. There are several methods how to calculate the growth rate. One of the possible ways is to calculate the sustainable growth rate as g = ROE *(1- Dividend payout ratio). You can find ROE and the Dividend Payout Ratio on www.morningstar.com > Company’s page – under Financials and under Dividends
Calculate the company’s sustainable growth rate. Please show your work.
3. Apply the Gordon model (constant growth rate model) to calculate the intrinsic (economic) value of the stock. Please show your work.
Please note that for some companies it is not possible to use the Gordon model. If that is the case, please explain why it is not possible to use this model for your company. What other models is it possible to use?
4. Compare the result of your calculations with the current stock price. Is the stock overvalued, undervalued, or properly valued? Why? In accordance with your findings, is it reasonable to buy the stock? Why? Please explain your answer.
-5- Develop a specific recommendation, with supporting rationale for your client, as to whether the assigned company’s recent trend in financial and stock performance is of sufficient financial strength to warrant entering in a long-term investment in bonds and/or stocks of the company. Explain your answer (about 1 page) (10% of the project grade).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.