Selling: Building Partnerships Case Study 8.1
Presidential Aviation has provided charter flights to a wide array of custom- ers, including business travelers worldwide. The company is known for its ability to cater to passengers’ every desire, including gourmet meals, special beverages, entertainment while in the air, and other luxury accommodations. Santiago Diego is a salesperson for Presidential Aviation. Today he will be making his first visit to Juan Espinosa, a procurement officer at Regent Seven Seas Cruises. For more details about Presidential Aviation and Regent Seven Seas Cruises, see Case 7.1 in Chapter 7.
Case Study 7.1
Presidential Aviation has provided charter flights to a wide array of customers, including business travelers worldwide. Thanks to the Presidential online book- ing system, business travelers can secure reliable quotes and book both domestic and international flights. Presidential has a sizable fleet of aircraft, including jets (light, midsize, and large jets) and turboprops.
The company is known for its ability to cater to passengers’ every desire, including gourmet meals, special beverages, entertainment while in the air, and other luxury accommodations. Presidential also staffs a full-service VIP jet con- cierge program, similar to what major airlines offer.
Santiago Diego is a salesperson for Presidential Aviation. He is currently planning an important first visit to Juan Espinosa, a procurement officer atRegent Seven Seas Cruises. Company officials travel across the country a great deal in their work. Santiago would like to tell Juan how Presidential can provide outstanding benefits to the Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Some of the special fea- tures for business travelers include the following:
• Privacy—you have the entire aircraft to yourself and can travel with passen- gers you know and enjoy.
• Comfort—including extra-roomy leather seats, in-flight movies, fully stocked bar, and gourmet meals that you choose.
• Ease—no time-consuming check-in process. You drive right up to the plane, and your luggage goes from your car into the plane.
• Point-to-point travel—there are no set schedules, so you fly when you want. Presidential uses 10 times more airports than commercial airlines, so you can fly from less congested airports closer to where you live.
Questions 1. Develop a set of open and closed questions to fully discover Juan Espinosa’s needs.
2. Develop a set of SPIN questions to discover Juan Espinosa’s needs.