Your paper should be a minimum of (2) and maximum of (3) double-spaced pages, written about one production from either of these producing organizations:
· Theatre UCF – https://theatre.cah.ucf.edu/Links to an external site.
· Orlando Shakes – https://www.orlandoshakes.org/ (Links to an external site.)
· Orlando Rep – https://www.orlandorep.com/ (Links to an external site.)
It can be either a live/recorded stage production or a remote production, but it needs to be one with production values (i.e. not just bunch of actors in their living rooms on a zoom call).
Since this is a technical production class, your paper should respond to the design and technical elements of the production, and should not include a review or discussion of the performance (i.e. no plot synopsis or actor critique). Your paper should be written with the assumption that the reader has previous knowledge of the production.
Your paper will be graded based on the use of design/technical vocabulary, visual awareness, and theatrical knowledge.
You should begin with a statement about how the design and technical elements affected your viewing of the play and contributed to the production.
Subsequent paragraphs should support your argument with specific examples of how the elements worked (or didn’t work) together within the production.
Your final paragraph should sum up your impressions.
Space or Medium
· If it is a in-person production (live or recorded stage show):
o What type of theater was it? How large or small was it? How opulent or elaborate? How simple or modern?
o What type of stage did it have: proscenium, thrust, arena, or some other type? How did the stage space relate to audience seating?
o What was the size and shape of the playing space?
· If it is a remote production:
o What was the platform? How was the production delivered to the audience?
o What was the format? Was it more like a zoom-style conference? A movie-like experience? Something in between?
o Were there aspects of audience interaction? If so, were they effective in furthering the story or creating a sense of community?
· Did the space or medium seem to meet the needs of the play? Did it affect the production, and if so, how?
Scenery and Video Multimedia
· What information was conveyed by the scenery and/or multimedia about time, place, characters, and situation?
· How was this information conveyed to you?
· What was the overall atmosphere of the setting?
· Did any colors dominate? How did colors affect your impression of the theater event?
· Was the setting a specific place, or was it no recognizable or real locale? Did that choice seem appropriate for the play?
· If the setting was realistic, how effectively did it reproduce what the place would actually look like?
· Were there symbolic elements in the scenery and/or multimedia? If so, what were they? How did they relate to the play?
· What information was conveyed by the costumes about time, place, characters, and situation? How was this information conveyed to you?
· What was the period of the costumes? What was the style? Were the costumes from a period other than the period in which the play was written or originally set? If so, how did this affect the production? Why do you think this choice was made?
· How was color used to give you clues to the personalities of the characters?
· Did each character’s costume or costumes seem appropriate for his or her personality, social status, occupation, etc.? Why or why not?
· Did the costumes help you understand conflicts, differing social groups, and interpersonal
relationships? if so, how?
· What information was conveyed by the lighting about time, place, characters, and situation? How was this information conveyed to you?
· Describe the mood of the lighting. How was color and intensity used to affect mood? What other characteristics of light were used to affect mood? Was the lighting appropriate for the mood of each scene? Why or why not?
· Was the lighting realistic or non-realistic? What was the direction of the light? Did it seem to come from a natural source, or was it artificial? Did this choice seem appropriate for the text?
· Were the actors properly lit? Could their faces be seen?
· Were light changes made slowly or quickly? How did this affect the play? Did it seem right for the play? Did the lighting changes help you understand the flow of the play and where/when you were in time?
· What information was conveyed by the sound about time, place, characters, and situation? How was this information conveyed to you?
· Describe the mood of the sound. Was music used to affect mood? What other sounds were used to affect mood? Was the sound appropriate for the mood of each scene? Why or why not?
· Was the sound realistic or nonrealistic? What was the volume and direction of the sound? Did it seem to come from a natural source, or was it artificial? Did this choice seem appropriate for the text?
· How were the acoustics? Could you always hear the actors?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.