Check files for instructions/example/rubric! (better formatting)
Practice Brief Paper Description
A practice brief is a short document designed to support practitioners in improving their practice by providing accessible, up-to-date research-based information on a particular topic. With that purpose in mind, a social work practice brief should:
· Integrate a focus on social justice throughout the brief***
· Focus on a specific, broadly relevant social work practice issue or problem (an example of this would be “suicide prevention with veterans”).
· Gather and integrate the most up-to-date and relevant knowledge to help the readers more fully understand the issue
· Highlight what social work practitioners can do to better address this practice issue, by providing context, actionable advice, strategies, and tools
· Include links to tools, articles, websites, and resources.
· Prompt further reflection and discussion among social workers
In 5-7 pages (excluding reference page), and citing at least 10 recent peer-reviewed journal article references using APA style, create a practice brief on a mental health practice/intervention topic of interest to you. Focus on that practice/intervention as it relates to a vulnerable population of your choice. Include each heading below, and be sure to address the points listed beneath thoroughly and succinctly.
1. Title – concise, engaging title that encapsulates the issue
2. What is the Issue? – description of the practice issue/problem/concern, including information on the population affected, prevalence, current intervention approaches, best practices if such exist, gaps in knowledge/research, and impact of the issue on individuals and society
3. Why it Matters to You? – rationale for how/why this issue is important/relevant for social workers; include content from the Code of Ethics and informational/position paper journal articles to substantiate your rationale
4. Things to Consider – summarize knowledge from research (peer-reviewed journal articles) and practice resources (examples of such include but are not limited to government centers such as SAMHSA, the National Child Traumatic Stress Network, NASW, other practice resources) about the topic/issue; highlight key points/what is most important for social workers to know/understand
5. Specific Guidance – describe explicit steps/actions that social workers can take to address the issue, and include tools/resources to support such
6. Links to Related Resources – in addition to the tools/resources provided in your guidance section, include additional practice resource links here
7. Things to Reflect On – include a prompt, quote, or question related to your topic that is evocative and/or thought provoking, and will support practitioner reflection
***Social Justice Issues – in the 7 sections above, address each of the four principles of social justice, as related to your practice issue: equity (fair distribution of available resources across society), access (being able to obtain needed resources regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, income level, etc.), participation (the extent to which people have a voice and can impact decisions that affect them), and rights (protection of individual liberties). You don’t need to address all four principles in each section, rather, each of the principles needs to be addressed somewhere within your Practice Brief sections as it makes sense for your practice topic.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.