Summative Assessment: Criminal Trial Process
The criminal trial process has many components. In this assessment, you explore real-life examples of the criminal trial process in 2 different types of trials.
Search the Internet for trials using parameters such as, but not limited to, “watch criminal trials online,” or visit the Wild About Trial website.
Compare 2 trials. If possible, compare a murder trial with one involving another major felony. Include the parties represented in each trial (i.e., plaintiff and defendant).
Write 350- to 700-word comparison in which you:
1. Summarize what each trial was about.
2. Identify the type of court the trials were held in. Refer to Ch. 1 for types of courts in the United States.
3. Describe as many of the steps of each trial as you can. Refer to Ch. 13 for the steps/process.
4. Explain the similarities and differences between the 2 trials you selected.
5. Identify as many of the actors of each trial as you can who played a role in the steps of the trial process. What were their roles?
Cite a minimum of 2 sources (one source for each trial).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Align the margins one inch on the left and one inch on the right. Do Not Center the paper.