No, technology will not eliminate the human resource managers due to the following reasons:
1. Technology needs to be facilitated by someone and it is the HR manager
2. HR managers select employees who can best work with the technology
3. Technology is a tool to deliver the better the past results. But, technology cannot take decisions itself. It requires somebody who can handle and interpret it in the best way.
Yes, organizational capabilities are important to firm. Human resource of the organization, technology, operational capacities as well as capital availability, create organizational capabilities. On the basis of organizational capabilities, the organization can take bigger projects and serve bigger audiences with efficiency on a sustainable basis. Hence, organizational capabilities are important.
Yes, HR managers can enhance it. It can happen with following initiatives.
1. By selecting the employees of required skills who can work as per the requirements.
2. By motivating employees and link them with their hierarchy of needs.
3. By creating a strong organizational culture of team and shared assumptions
4. By regularly conducting training and development of employees as per the HR planning needs
5. By promoting informal groups that share the problems and find better solutions
6. By promoting innovation and creativity