• Provide an example (in the form of a scenario) of individualized justice in which the victim is the community.
• Provide an example (in the form of a scenario) of individualized justice in which the victim is an individual.
• For each example, provide an appropriate sanction. Justify your answer.
Your instructor will provide you with the defendant scenario in preparation for the Key Assignment. What state probation program will you apply to this scenario?
The following is the scenario:
Name: John E. Orchids
DOB: December 1, 1995
• First misdemeanor at age of 12 for public nuisance
• Second misdemeanor for truancy
NOTE: Juvenile records are protected by the court and detailed information is not available.
Probation/Parole History: None
Official version of the offense: Orchids was detained for loitering. When he was searched, the officer found in his possession 1/6 of 1 ounce of a substance identified as marijuana. Possession of any unauthorized drug is a felony offense.
Plea bargain: Council for the defendant is proposing a presentence intervention program (PSIP) of which the arraignment and hearing be transferred to a drug court.
Custody status: Defendant has been released to the custody of the parents with an enforced curfew.
• Gang affiliation: The defendant has no known gang affiliations or organized crime participation. However, he has been counseled for carrying a concealed weapon on one occasion.
• Background and ties to the community: It has been reported that the defendant has been a regular attendee at the local church and participated in several church-sponsored programs to improve the community. He was also an active member of a scouts program through age 16.
• Substance abuse history: This is the first incident offense where an illegal substance was identified. It is pending further interviews with the defendant to determine if there is or is not a substance abuse history.
• Physical health: The defendant is a healthy Caucasian male with no visible scars or tattoos. There are no visible or obvious physical defects noted.
• Mental health: The defendant related that he comes from a loving and supportive family background with a normal childhood and no traumatic incidents he can recall. The defendant has expressed remorse for the problems he has caused his mother in the past and the expense of hiring an attorney.
• Financial circumstances: The defendant resides with parents and has no visible means of self-support.
• Employment history: The defendant has stated he has had summer employment and was allowed to keep what he had earned. He also had received money from relatives and family on his birthday and special occasions but was not allowed to work while attending school.
• Education history: The defendant is a senior and projected to graduate, pending the outcome of this case, in May 2014. The defendant has planned to attend college in the fall of 2014.
• Victim impact statement: There are no known victims or property loss associated with this indictment.
• Military record: The defendant has participated in Reserved Officer Training Corp (ROTC) beginning in his freshman year of high school. The defendant had joined, with the permission of his parents, the State National Guard, attended basic training in the summer between his junior and senior year, and plans to continue his enlistment as a means to pay for college
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.