Organization – XYZ Limited –
Nature of Business – Specialized Health Insurance Company
Plan to handle worm attack which can affect continuity of business:
First of all we will form different teams in organization to handle such events. These teams will be pre formed and require only invocation at time of event.
- Emergency Management Team (EMT)
- Location Response Coordinator (LRC)
- Local Restoration Team (LRT)
- IT Technical Support (TS)
Team member responsibilities
- Each team member will designate an alternate backup
- All the members should keep an updated calling list of their work team members’ work, home, and mobile phone numbers.
All team members should keep this binder for reference at home in case the disaster happens during after normal work hours. All team members should familiarize themselves with the contents of this plan
Instructions for using the plan
Invoking the plan
This plan becomes effective when a disaster occurs. Normal problem management procedures will initiate the plan, and remain in effect until operations are resumed at the original location, or a replacement location and control is returned to the appropriate functional management.
The Emergency Management Team and Location Response Coordinator are responsible for declaring a disaster and activating the various recovery teams as outlined in this plan.
In a major disaster situation affecting multiple business units, the decision to declare a disaster will be determined by Management Team. The Emergency Management Team/Location Response Coordinator will respond based on the directives specified by Team.
Regardless of the disaster circumstances, or the identity of the person(s) first made aware of the disaster, the Emergency Management Team (EMT) must be activated immediately in the following cases:
• Two (2) or more identified critical processes/ systems/ locations are down concurrently for eight (8) or more working hours
• One (1) or more identified critical processes/ systems/ locations are down concurrently for twelve (12) or more hours
• Any problem at any facility that would cause either of the above conditions to be present or there is certain indication(s) that either of the conditions are about to occur
Marketing personnel are designated as the principal contacts with the media (radio, television, and print), regulatory agency, government agencies and other external organizations following a formal disaster declaration.
In the event of a mobile/ telephone network/ mail exchange services provider outage or attack of virus/worm/Trojan on email server etc.
In the event of a network service provider outage to any facility, the guidelines and procedures in this section are to be followed.