Project 3: Press Kit (100 points possible)
The goal for this assignment is to allow you to understand how to create a press packet that would help publicize a client of your choice. For this assignment, you will select a company/client (a new company/client you have not yet covered in class), and complete the following components:
Your press kit will contain the following items:
1. Backgrounder Document (example: pg. 148): Type a one-page (Times New Roman, 12 point font/double spaced, etc.) report on the background/history of the company/client (on company letterhead). This must be a complete page of your original writing based on research from credible sites or other sources.
2. Fact Sheet (example: pg. 152): Type a one-page (Times New Roman, 12 point font/double spaced, etc.) bullet point list on company letterhead. The bullet points should be current information you can highlight about the company/client (not an event, but on the overall client/company).
3. Press Release 1 (example: pg. 118): Create a product news release for your company/client.
4. Press Release 2 (example: pg. 123): Create an event for your company/client.
5. Public Service Announcement Script: Think about any components of your company/client that could be turned into an informative PSA you would hear on the radio. For example, MTV may sponsor a PSA discussing the importance of afterschool music programs for elementary-aged children. The PSA may not be speaking directly about the company/client; however, a good public relations specialist would be able to draw a connection and mention the company/client in the PSA. You will need to use sources to help gather correct information for this component. The PSA should be about 1 minute and 30 seconds; however, you do not need to record the PSA, just create a descriptive script.
6. Brochure: Feel free to use a brochure template in Word, Smore, App of your choice, etc. profiling the upcoming event discussed in Press Release 2
7. Your company business card: Feel free to use a template to include your agency/company name, position, and contact information you would include in your press kit folder.
The Point of the Press Kit:
Not all press material can be tailored to certain audiences, so public relations specialists often create folders containing general information. This information is useful because it can be sent out in advance, and then the specialist can follow-up with media personnel after they believe the material has been received. Also, public relations specialists can give these kits out at client/company events.
Refer to the writing tips sheet for information about writing errors to avoid. You are required to have the following elements:
· Typed, double spaced, and one-inch margins all around
· Use only Times New Roman size 12 font
· Include a reference page in MLA or APA format
· AP style writing for the News Releases
**If you are concerned about this paper and the writing element, please feel free to get help from the Writing Center. This is a great resource to get help eliminate grammatical or citation errors. Also, feel free to visit me during my office hours for help.
**All materials must be submitted online on Canvas before 8:00 a.m. on December 3rd.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.