Related Course Outcome:
Advanced information literacy; create connections among texts; construct
You will use what you have learned about using sources as “lenses” to better understand a question or an important topic. You will be working with the ideas from the semester about civic engagement and/or disobedience to make the world a better place.
You will select an important and/or “hot topic” issue and provide a detailed description of its impact on society or a specific community. This issue can range from a nation-wide issue, state-wide issue, community-wide issue that needs more advocacy; an issue/cause that was/is being advocated for; or an organization that dedicates its efforts to advocate for an issue/cause.
• At least 10 credible scholarly sources (employ the CRAAP test)
• Clearly depict the chosen civic engagement issue/crisis/movement
• Applies argumentative and rhetorical skills developed over the course of the semester
• Include all required sections of the essay
• An introduction in which you “hook” the audience into your topic and establish your central argument (thesis). In this case, your thesis should be a statement of the action you think should be taken regarding the issue/topic.
• A brief description of the civic engagement issue/crisis/movement
o Your description should include a discussion of the “who” (who are the “stakeholders” directly impacted by this issue/problem) as well as the “where” (a detailed description of where this issue is taking place).
o Your description should also include any relevant history of how this problem/issue has developed over time.
• An exploration of “why” this issue needs to be resolved. What are the stakes? Why does this matter so much?
• A statement of “how” this issue can be resolved. You could present one or more possible solutions AND/OR “what” strategies are actually being implemented to reach these goals.
• An acknowledgment of potential challenges, obstacles, or pitfalls to the solutions proposed (and how these challenges might be overcome). Think of this as the “counterargument” part of your paper.
• A call to action in which you try to “recruit” your audience to advocate for this issue/crisis/movement (or whatever action you want them to take). This can be part of your conclusion.
Please note that while the above sections must be included in the paper, they do not necessarily need to be included in THIS order. You may customize the structure of your essay for maximum rhetorical effect.
Civic Engagement Topic Ideas (These are just IDEAS—you can, and should, brainstorm your own as well, with guidance from your instructor):
• Black Lives Matter
• Sexual Violence
• Health Care (Reproductive Justice; Contraceptive Access; Healthcare Confidentiality)
• Women’s Rights
• Equal Education Opportunities (Education Funding; Policy; Reform; FASFA)
• Racial Justice (Black Lives Matter; Immigration)
• Minimum Wage / Equal Pay
• Environmental Regulations
• Mental Health
• Adoption/Foster Care
• Student Athletes / College Athletes / Sports Regulations
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.