Textbook: Invitation to the Lifespan, 4th Edition, Berger
Unless I indicate otherwise, each answer to an assignment question should contain at least 125 words, if not more.
Chapter 7 and 8 Assignment Block
1. 1. Whose fault is it if a child is obese? In your discussion, be sure to touch on the nature/nurture/cultural aspect of this problem in the United States. Imagine that you are a pediatrician and parents bring in their child who is clearly obese. What do you say to them?
2. 2. Seven-year-old Brian has been diagnosed as having attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. What can his parents and teachers do to help him cope with this disability? Why might a child with ADHD have difficulty learning? Be specific.
3. 3. Assume that you are a teacher in a public elementary school and you have a child with special needs in your class. Identify the opportunities and environment that you would provide for this child to succeed, including those that are mandated by the government.
4. 4. Describe three advances in children’s brain functioning during the school years. What differences in behavior/abilities would you see as a result of these advances if you observed a kindergarten classroom and a 4th grade classroom?
1. 1. What are the five main ways that a functional family nurtures school-age children? Which area was the strongest in your family? How did your family nurture this area? Which area was the weakest in your family? Why?
2. 2. Michelle, a well-liked fourth grader, accidentally ran into Lisa, an aggressive-rejected fifth grader, knocking Lisa’s backpack off her shoulder. Given what you know about behaviors associated with being well-liked or aggressive-rejected at this age, what do you predict will be the response of each girl to this incident? How will each girl interpret the incident? How do you think it will be resolved?
3. 3. Analyze the roots of bullying behavior in children. What are possible causes? How does the behavior start? What circumstances can contribute to bullying?
4. 4. Compare and contrast the first two levels of Kohlberg’s stages of moral reasoning. How does a preschool child’s morality differ from that of a school-age child? What are two criticisms of Kohlberg’s theory? Do you think these criticisms are valid? Explain your thinking.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.