Media Literacy in the Digital Age
Using the concepts learned through the readings and interactive lecture pages, select a social issue or ethical dilemma in the news. Find TWO recent news articles from two different types of media sources on the issue. In your introduction, for both of your examples, be sure to carefully identify what types of sources you are analyzing (news story, editorial, commentary), the name of the media company, and the date and author. Then, answer the following questions:
1. What assumptions do you make about these articles before reading them? How is your mind already “at work”?
2. What is the main claim and/or point of view expressed (if there is one) by the article? Is the article objectively written? Be careful here – if the article is an editorial opinion, note that the purpose of this type of article is very different from that of a news story. If you are analyzing an editorial, is the argument presented logically?
3. Apply evaluative criteria to your analysis. Is there a particular audience that the article is targeting? Is there an appeal to sensationalism? Can you discern a vested ideological perspective?
4. What is a peer-reviewed source? What peer-reviewed sources did you find that helped in thinking critically about your issue.
· Cite all claims and ideas using scholarly sources. ( at least 4 scholarly sources)
· Include at least one scholarly source that is not part of the required or recommended reading for this course.
· Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length (not including the title page and reference page).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.