Case Assignment 2 (2nd paper) – the subject company is Dillard’s, Inc.
For the public company that you decided to analyze for this class, please answer the following and attach as a Word document. Be sure to check the SafeAssign report about plagiarism before making it your final submission! Be sure to cite the sources of your information and facts. Be sure to define terms. This is an excellent place to cite the textbook!
Answer all questions. Remember to define the main term and cite facts that you use in each answer.
1. Using the formulas in Table 4.1 (see below for snap shots of Table 4.1) and the data in the company’s latest financial statements, calculate the following and state why each is important to know. There is also a list of financial ratios in this Assignment folder.
a. Operating profit margin
b. Total return on total assets
c. Current ratio
d. Working capital
e. Long-term debt-to-capital ratio
f. Price-to-earnings ratio
2. What are the key elements of the company’s value chain? Refer to Figure 4.3 (see below for snap shots of Table 4.3) to help develop your answer.
3. Which one of the five generic competitive strategies best characterizes the company’s strategic approach to strategic competition?
4. List at least three specific strategic decisions made by the company and explain how they will help achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
5. Is the company vertically integrated? Explain.
6. Does the company have the option to merge with or acquire other companies? If so, which one would be the best one? Explain.
7. Is the strategic approach the firm is taking in trying to compete successfully internationally global, transnational, or think-local, act-local? Is this an approach that you would recommend? If yes, why? If no, which approach would be better and why?
8. What type of entry into a foreign market does the company use? Explain whether it worked and why. See Illustration Capsule 7.1 for Walgreens example. (See below for snap shot of 7.1)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.