The following income statement items appeared on the adjusted trial balance of XYZ Corporation for the year ended December 31, 2021 ($ in 000s): sales revenue, $22,300; dividend revenue from investments, $200; interest revenue $150; cost of goods sold, $14,500; selling expense, $2,300; general and administrative expense, $1,200; interest expense, $300. Income taxes have not yet been accrued. The company’s income tax rate is 20% on all items of income or loss. These revenue and expense items appear in the company’s income statement every year. The company’s controller, however, has asked for your help in determining the appropriate treatment of the following nonrecurring transactions that also occurred during 2021 ($ in 000s). All transactions are material in amount.
1. Investments were sold during the year at a loss of $300. XYZ also had an unrealized gain of $200 for the year on investments. The unrealized gain represents a increase in the fair value of debt securities and is classified as part of other comprehensive income.
2. One of the company’s factories was closed during the year. Restructuring costs incurred were $1,000.
3. During the year, XYZ completed the sale of one of its operating divisions that qualifies as a component of the entity according to GAAP regarding discontinued operations. The division had incurred operating income of $500 in 2021 prior to the sale, and its assets were sold at a gain of $ 400.
4. A negative foreign currency translation adjustment for the year totaled $300.
5. Amortization expense was understated by $60 in 2020.
6. The Corporation incurred $100 in research and development costs during 2021.
7. Inventory that had cost $80 had become obsolete because a competitor introduced a better product. The inventory was written down to its scrap value of $10.
8. Retained earnings 12/31/20 is $400.
9. One million shares of common stock were outstanding as of 12/31/20. The following additional issuances of shares occurred during 2021: a.) 4/1/21 issued 50,000 shares and b.) 7/1/21 issued 40,000 shares
10., The Corporations declared and paid $100 of preferred dividends and declared $100 (of which $25 will be paid January 15, 2022) of common dividends.
Based on the all of the information provided, answer the following questions as they would appear in a single, continuous multiple-step statement of comprehensive income for 2021. Round all numbers excepts earnings per share to whole numbers. (each 2 points)
Select and copy sections 1-13 below to answer in the space provided
Gross profit ________________
Total operating expenses ________________
Operating income ________________
Total other revenue/(expense) _______________
Income before Tax ________________
Income tax expense ________________
Income from continuing operations (IFCO) ________________
Discontinued operations ________________
Net income ________________
Other comprehensive income ________________
Comprehensive income ________________
Earnings per share (IFCO only) ________________
Retained earnings 12/31/21 ________________
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.