Complete this assignment and upload your assignment to canvas. Please be sure to upload the document with your answers in it. Double check your submission, accidently submitting a blank assignment is not a valid excuse. Please write your responses in a different color than black (any color is fine!).
The development of counterfactual thoughts relies on the variability of the situation as well as the knowledge that different actions could have resulted in alternate outcomes (Alquist, Ainsworth, Baumeister, Daly, and Stillman) (2015). According to Alquist & All, situations that are believed to be highly changeable generate more counterfactual thoughts than events that seem unavoidable. However, ruminating on every conceivable alternative of a situation would take an unlimited amount of time and resources. Instead of allotting so much time and energy on a cognitive task, people tend to narrow down the different scenarios that come to mind according to the degree of controllability of the factors involved (M. McCloy and L. Byrne, 2000, pp. 45). For example, the deliberate decisions individuals make that ultimately lead to a certain outcome is considered to be a controllable event, whereas uncontrollable events are unavoidable circumstances, such as traffic jams or natural disasters (McCloy and Byrne, 2000).
1. Find at least three APA style errors in the paragraph above, and provide a correction for that error.
a. Error 1:
b. Error 2:
c. Error 3:
2. Imagine that you want to reference an article written by Benjamin Baird, Jonathan Smallwood, Michael D Mrazek, Julia W Y Kam, Michael S Franklin, Jonathan W Schoole, that it was published it in October of 2012 in the journal Psychological Science, volume 23 pages 1117-11120. Their title was, “Inspired by Distraction: Mind Wandering Facilitates Creative Incubation” DOI: 10.1177/0956797612446024. Below, write out the correct reference in APA format.
3. Now, give me the correct reference (like you would see on the reference page) for the article you read in your assignment # 3.
4. Correct the following three references – type in the correct format below each incorrect reference. Please write your corrected reference in a different color than black (any color is fine!).
Settipani, C. A., & Kendall, P. C., 2013. Social Functioning in Youth with Anxiety Disorders: Association with Anxiety Severity and Outcomes from Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 44, pp. 1-18. doi:10.1007/s10578-012-0307-0
Mary K. Rothbart, Stephen A. Ahadi, Philip Fisher (2001). Investigations of temperament at three to seven years: The children’s behavior questionnaire. Child Development, 72, 1394-1408. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.00355
Gary W. Ladd. (2006). Child Development. Peer rejection, aggressive or withdrawn behavior, and psychological maladjustment from 5 to 12: an examination of four predictive models., pages 822-846. Issue 77, doi:10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00905.x
5. Let’s say you wanted to cite the Rothbart article from question 4 above. Pretend that you wrote the following sentence about the paper, now give me the correct parenthetical in-text citation for this journal article.
This study found that effortful control during early childhood is associated with internalizing difficulty in adolescence
6. Now, let’s say you wanted to cite the Settipani article from question 4 above. Pretend that you wrote the following sentence about the paper, now give me the correct parenthetical in-text citation for this journal article in the sentence below. Assume that this is the first time you are citing this article in the paper you are writing! Make sure you put it in the right place
High quality student-teacher relationships in early elementary school are important for achievement
7. Now, pretend that you were including the following direct quote from a research paper by Sarah. S. Fisher, Robert L. Brown, and Benjamin S. Smith, written in 2014. The journal article is titled, “Absolut Memory Distortions: Alcohol Placebos Influence the Misinformation Effect”, and you found the quote on page 554
“Subjects were told that the experiment was about alcohol’s influence on preferred learning modes (visual and verbal)”
8. Create a reference page for the three references you corrected in question 4. Imagine that they are only the three articles that you cited in your paper. Make sure you include the corrected version of the references, and remember, that the reference page goes on it’s OWN page at the end of the document.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.